Saturday, June 24, 2006

I'm in Chicago!

...Wheaton to be exact. Just hanging out with some extended family that I have never met before. But they are awesome. We toured Wheaton a bit, walked around the campus and when to the Billy Graham Center (dedicated to evangelist throughout the years), had a water fight (with my cousins once removed, Nathan and Grace), exploded some Diet Coca Cola with Mentos and now we are about to play some Dance Dance Revolution. (Hopefully we will be able to make it over to the C.S. Lewis museum in Wheaton also!)

My aunt once removed brother and his wife are over also, and he has done quite a bit of mission work in Ukraine, so that has been really cool. On top of reviewing my lessons on the plane ride over (Along with reading a good chunk of Lord Foulgrin's Letters) I'm even more excited to get over to Ukraine.

Thanks for you comments guys! I've only been gone for a day but it was good to hear from people back home and I really look forward to sharing pictures and stories! No Mary, I haven't got tired of hearing that. :)

His,
David Knepprath

8 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

Have I ever told you I got to Chicago every year? And the Billy Graham museum is awesome?! I know exactly where you are lol (guess what? now you are only an hour behind me) -melissa jo

P.S. You should visit Navy Pier if you have time, and the restaurant Ed Debevic's.

Mirranda said...

The C.S. Lewis museum? I am envious already. Memorize everything you see everywhere. I request full details.

Sounds like you are having fun! :) -Myrrh

La Rubia said...

Sounds fun! I will be praying for your jet lag which you are probably feeling right now :)I love Lord Foulgrins letters, you probably know :) I started searching for God knows what, it's good.

mary

Melissa Jo said...

Comment #2- LOL I hope your plane ride will be enjoyable, cause I know they tend to be restless! and that jet lag isn't going to be awful!-Melissa jo

Vernon said...

Hear you made it to Kiev alright. Hope everything is going well.

Mom said...

Sounds like Kris made the most of your time in Chicago. It might be easiest to describe her as your father's cousin. It was 102 here today, hope it is cooler there.

Mom said...

Sounds like Kris made the most of your time in Chicago. It might be easiest to describe her as your father's cousin. It was 102 here today, hope it is cooler there.

Mom said...

Sounds like Kris made the most of your time in Chicago. It might be easiest to describe her as your father's cousin. It was 102 here today, hope it is cooler there.