Monday, July 03, 2006

Psalm 145

Dobrogo vechir (Good evening), I was preparing for my lesson when I started pondering Psalm 145, which I am going to use in my introduction devotion. I found one verse particularly interesting, verse 4. "One generation will commend your works to another, they will tell of your might acts." I found this so fascinating because early today I spent 3 hours discussing God's amazing work with the Krugs and how it has been demonstrated in our lives. While I admit they had a lot more to share with their experiences in Peru, Chile, China, and Ukraine, it was interesting all the same, and that exact event was foretold thousands of years ago by King David. God truly is faithful!

Class went really good today and I did have a few more in my group, which was awesome. During our break I had a really interesting cultural exchange of sorts with the kids. They swarmed around me in front of the white board and we took turns drawing things that contrast between America and Ukraine. This evening after dinner I went on a 3-4 hour exploration by myself, my most extensive yet. I went to the edge of town and got some beautiful pictures of Ivano-Frankivsk cathedral, among other things.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. I'm not sure why, but have this crazy feeling that 4th of July fireworks are pretty lame in Ukraine.

In Him,
David Knepprath

P.S. I have been working on a series of posts that I think you all will find interesting, so stay tuned! Gosh, I feel like a full fledged writer or something. I kinda like it. :)

2 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

The fourth of July fireworks are amazing! :) I wish you could see them (that prolly makes you feel so much better lol) So what else did you find on your exploration trip? Let's see...do you know how old that cathedral is? This is going to make you think lol -melissa Jo

Ps VERY good verse!

Mirranda said...

Well... on the bright side, they are probably better than the fireworks in Britain. I'll try to take pictures for you, to trade for your Ukraine photographs. :)

I'll be looking forward to this interesting series of posts you've been writing. -Myrrh