Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Three Amigos

Igor

When Igor came on the 3rd day, I wasn’t sure if he would be coming back because he came by himself. I was pleasantly surprised to see him back the next day with Ihor and Stas, and the three of them continued to come everyday for the rest of VBS.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ihor

I was very blessed to have Ihor in my class. His family had received a green card for America and has recently been living in Cincinnati Ohio. As a result he knew English quite well, and once he started coming to VBS he became a pivotal part of the class by helping translate to Ukrainian.




Stas


Stas is short for Stanislav. He is quite the artist. This picture is him with one of his many creations (Notice the Soviet Union "hammer and sickle" symbol on the belt buckle. I found that amusing.), but he is also trying to get the cap off a marker. Thats not his normal face, the marker caps were pretty hard to get off. I loved having him in my class because he was so enthusiastic about learning, which was demonstrated by always wanting to answer every question. He also loved to sing, which was not uncommon among the boys. I don't doubt that he was an inspiration for the rest of the kids to sing.


Goodnight and God Bless.

David Knepprath


No comments: