Thursday, July 13, 2006

VBS Presentation

I've only been back for less the two days and I have already been given the opportunity to do a presentation on Ukraine. My church happened to be doing their VBS this week, and so why not come and present to the kids about VBS in Ukraine? I only had 10 minutes to present, and church is 25 minutes in the opposite direction from work, but God was telling me it was totally worth it go.

As it turns out, I ended up talking to one of the girls attending our VBS who asked a question, and mentioned she was from Russia, and I found out her mom is from Ukraine. Kiev to be exact. When her mom arrived to pick her up we had an amazing conversation catching up on Ukraine. At one point, after telling her how beautiful her country is and how I wished I could of stayed longer, she started to get misty eyed. Me, of course, being all macho had no problem, ah who am I kidding...it was sad, really sad... and talking to her with her thick Ukrainian accent (and her very good sense of fashion, of course) made me realize even more so how much I missed Ukraine. I invited her to the full presentation I am going to be giving after church, not this Sunday, but the next, and I am really praying she will be able to make it!

I will have more details up later, but if you are in the area, and would be interested in going to my Ukraine presentation, keep Sunday morning on the 23rd open. Everyone is welcome, by all means.

Two think that random act of God was enough...I went to Starbucks tonight with Andy and Scott, just to catch up and talk about Ukraine. Then two girls sitting near us asked "Are you guys from Ukraine or something?". After I explained they told us they were Ukrainian and it gave me yet another awesome opportunity to witness on why I went and just plain talk about Ukraine some more.

Day Dreaming about Ukraine,
David Knepprath

P.S. I am meeting my coworker, who is from Ukraine (actually right near Ivano-Frankivsk, where I was) tomorrow for lunch. Exciting, no!?

1 comment:

Melissa Jo said...

That's so amazing david! How cool, God's like BAM! there you go, use what I gave you ;)That's awesome, i'll be praying for you! -melissa jo