Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Movies of 2007

After seeing my first movie in 2007, Children of Men, and having waited the better half of 2006 to see it, the bar has been set high for the year. I put together what turned out to be a pretty decent list of what else I'm looking forward to in 2007:

Children of Men (January) - Spectacular social commentary on where our world is headed.

The Last King of Scotland (January) - Intriguing story based on Idi Amin's dictatorship in Uganda.

Hot Fuzz (February) -
From the masterminds who brought us Shaun of the Dead!!!

300 (March) -
Another movie based on a Frank Millers graphic novel, the movie just looks badass.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (March) - There's hope, it is completely computer animated.

Ratatouille (June) - Next Pixar Movie

Oceans 13 (June) - Apparently 2007 is "The Year of The Trilogy".

Live Free or Die Hard (June) - NICE!

The Simpsons Movie (July) - There is no denying Groenings genius.

Transformers (July) - Hopefully Steven Spielberg can balance out Michael Bay for some sweet action sequences AND a good story.

Spider-Man 3 (May) - Sandman

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End (May) - Can Captain Barbossa help save Jack Sparrow and their livelihood, piracy itself?

Rush Hour 3 (August) - Hilarious duo is back!

...And I know it won't be a "Movie of 2007", but my list wouldn't be complete without it:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (May 2008)

...and two more to look forward to in 2008:

The Brazilian Job (2008) - Italian Job Sequel.

Indian Jones 4 (2008) - Will the wait for a solid script be worth it?

DK

3 comments:

Aquila said...

Dude. 300. Is the one movie I would do anything to see. I love the story of the Spartans, and how they made their last stand. Halo is the story of the second group of spartans ever trained and made. Which is why I love the Halo book and game so much. And this movie is about the first group. Bad ass indeed. :)

Mirranda said...

I am SO excited for some of these movies. Narnia... don't think I can wait that long. At least there are some good ones to get us through this year until we can reach it. :)

Melany said...

Hmmmm... I think I would be more psyched for Pirates 3 if I knew that it would be of the quality of the first one... but what was up with that sequel???? I still have hope that they will be back on track with this one. Prince Caspian is definately one I'm looking forward to, and Ratawhatsitcalled looks like it should be fun.