Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life Plan 4/25/07

I get a lot of crazy ideas every now and again. When I have a life plan revelation it often times has very obscure, though exact, aspects to it. I am now going to start documenting them for reflective entertainment purposes 5 or so years down the road.
  1. Graduate PSU with a bachelors of something in the field of Social Services.
  2. *Sell everything (except my books).
  3. Teach ESL, or in my field of study if possible, abroad (Eastern Europe or Asia) for 2 years.
  4. Return to the States and buy a motorcycle (something along the lines of a Triumph Daytona or Speed Triple).
  5. Continue graduate work at Dallas Theological Seminary.
*Note: I could be married at this point, but not earlier. From this point forward, however, this life plan is open ended in that regard.

10 comments:

Laura Jean said...

you're a total nerd. just thought i'd tell you that. but you're a cool nerd.

David Knepprath said...

I am honestly suprised that you left that comment on this post and not...oh maybe the post describing my euphoric excitment about having an online catalog for my books.

...but much thanks all the same.

Mirranda said...

I have to wait that long before riding the motorcycle?!?

David Knepprath said...

It's only 6 years. It will be here before you know it.

Or, you can just wait a couple weeks and my "life plan" will completely different. Maybe then the terms will be more favorable for you to mooch off a friend. ;)

Mirranda said...

SIX years?!?

My moochy persona is apalled, as is my impatient one.

David Knepprath said...

Yes, 6 years. Apparently I will get detained en-route from China to America and I arrive home 2 years late.

Or, 7 hours of Physics and 6 hours of Spanish in the last 48 hours fried my brain and it is only 4 years away. Does that at least appease your impatient persona?

Jessi said...

hahaha. I like your life plan.

Mirranda said...

Yes, I am appeased. Please don't get detained for two years. Not just because I'd have to wait longer for the bike, but because that would be pretty depressing.

Are you satisfied that I have a heart buried beneath my impatient moochiness?

Melany said...

Cool idea. I did this once a long time ago- and my plan went waaay into the future, especially considering that I made it in highschool! And yes, plans have DEFINATELY changed since then! It's good to know that "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." Proverbs 16:9

MaryandLindy said...

So um, I realize you posted this a long time ago, but I just read it and was really impressed and amused. You already have a make and model picked out for a bike...haha wow. DTS, really? I've never heard you mention that before. It's a good school, although I am pretty biased. What would you study, theoretically, 6 years from now? This is Mary by the way, but you probably guessed that.