Friday, August 03, 2007

Miracle Drink Gets Better

I told you I would follow up my previous post as new findings on the health benefits of coffee were discovered. I am a man of my word. Don't mind the fact that in all honesty, I was joking. This is just too good to be true...

"The data shows that coffee drinkers were 41 percent less likely to have been diagnosed with liver cancer than people who don't drink coffee. For every daily cup of coffee people drank, their odds of having been diagnosed with liver cancer dropped by 23 percent, compared with people who never drink coffee. People who drank a lot of coffee were 55 percent less likely to have been diagnosed with liver cancer than those who didn't drink any coffee." (CBS News)

Hilarious!

For those keeping score, Coffee:
  • Lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
  • Protects against certain types of colon cancer.
  • Increases protection from skin cancer.
  • Decreases risk of liver cancer.
As my favorite Ukrainian pastor so wisely commented in my previous post, it is so exciting to see the beauty, wisdom, and goodness in God's creation revealed.

1 Timothy 4:4 Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks.

Excuse me while I head to the break room to top off my mug.

1 comment:

Bryan Baker said...

aside from the fact that coffee is acidic i have to agree it's almost as miraculous as the egg.