Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mi Casa

So tonight I am officially moving into my Apartment. I am trying to trim my budget to the bare minimum cost of living.

No car, no cable, no Internet.

I was already having pre-withdrawals from the Internet this afternoon just thinking about it. Tonight I unloaded everything, said a little prayer, flipped open my laptop, and BAM! My new best friend in downtown Portland is "BigCat".

I'm sure I will be posting updates about life in downtown Portland over the next few months. It is a little bit of culture shock because I have always lived in the outskirts of the 'burbs. But, right now I need to get my apartment in order, class starts tomorrow morning.

But first, I want to share a quick reminder. Jesus said:
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."(John 10:10)
Just like the three Greek words used for love (Philia, Eros, Agape) in Scripture, there are also multiple words for life. "Bios" is simply life as a mere existence. But here, John uses "zoe". Zoe means a passionate, vigorous, flamboyant life to the fullest! Keep your eye on Jesus, never stop refocusing on Him and the new life that He offers.

In the eloquent, yet potent, words of my friend Whitney, "get out of here flesh!"

3 comments:

Elia said...

It is interesting that you mentioned "Bios" and "Zoe", I just finished reading about the difference between them in one of chapters in Mere Cristianity. And about giving up the car, the internet, and the cable, I am sure it feels like you are loosing part of your way of life, but the end result is definitely worth it.

PondererGirl said...

I totally know where you're coming from. Enjoy the journey, my friend. Soak it up!

Anonymous said...

Who the heck is "Big Cat", Knep. Have you and Andy been spending to much time with all those P-Town players or are you suffering from malnutrition. Your not making any sence. HaHa Thanks for the e-mail


Scotty Ek