Thursday, September 06, 2007

New Season of Life

Two weeks ago today I was told "Tomorrow is your last day". No warning. That was a bombshell that tore through my plans for the next year. I had been sitting in the same cubicle doing the same job for 2 1/2 years. In that time span I had weathered 3 layoffs, watching as grown men walked out of the building in tears. I still cannot possibly know the hurt they were experiencing. This was not my career. I have no family to support.

Though, there was still loss.

I had planned to stick around another year to pay my way through college. I finally had an inviting foliage filled cubicle. But the hardest part of leaving was I had wonderful coworkers who had become my friends and who I greatly appreciated sharing life with.

Everything is changing. I just finished my last class at MHCC (13 credits of Spanish in 10 weeks. Possibly the toughest load I have ever taken in the university). I have signed a lease on an apartment in downtown Portland. I have completed registration and orientation for Portland State University.

I had intended for my job to provide me comfort. Comfort in financial security, comfort in the routine, comfort in complacency, comfort in my own self sufficiency.

In the moments following the news, staring blankly at my computer screen, I gave up my life to Jesus. I knew this only added to the drastic changes occurring and I began to grasp how God was/is/will be using this in my life. He is giving me an opportunity, beckoning me, to lean on him that much more going into this new season of life.
John 7:38 "Have faith in me, and you will have life-giving water flowing from deep inside you, just as the Scriptures say."
More exciting news coming...

6 comments:

PondererGirl said...

To be continued?? To be CONTINUED?? Oh brother. :)

David Knepprath said...

Haha...Sorry!! But it's not even clear to me yet, so I am waiting patiently. :)

Mirranda said...

You're stronger than me.

David Knepprath said...

It has nothing to do with my own strength (I know myself, and I know how weak and insecure I am) and everything to do with God's infinite wisdom and strength. My foundation is solid and secure despite the chaos of the world around me.

Melany said...

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

May God strengthen your faith through this situation, as He proves Himself sufficient to your every need. It sounds like He has sent you off on an adventure of faith that probably seems a little daunting at the moment! I'll be praying for you.

PondererGirl said...

(cough, cough)
::::tapping foot:::::
And?
:)