Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Am Legend/Terminator IV/Prince Caspian

I'm on a bit of a movie binge as of late.
  • Producers of the new upcoming Terminator trilogy, starring Christian Bale, said in a recent interview it will be "...a really interesting time in the franchise because it's where all the fans have always wanted the franchise to go, and it hasn't to date, which is the post-apocalyptic world. It's after judgment day. So because we're in a different time in the mythology, it introduces a whole new set of circumstances and characters." The Post-apocalyptic genre is one of my favorite and, which I feel, has been the most under valued in Hollywood the last decade.
  • Speaking of post-apocalyptic world's, I have been anticipating I Am Legend since I first saw the trailer before the midnight showing of Spiderman 3. Though I was suprised to read that it "is a rare Hollywood movie in that it contains a pro-God message in the midst of a scientific inquiry into the nature of the cure for a supervirus." It is being pegged as the "The First Movie of the Post Stem-Cell Debate Era!"
  • It looks like I'm surviving the dead season between Narnia movies (I'm not saying it's easy). Prince Caspian is slated for a May 16th release (I always felt like Caspian was more of a "summer" movie anyhow, as opposed to the strong Christmas/winter theme in the first.) and the official trailer has hit the internet! I like what I see so far!

3 comments:

Brandon said...

We saw one of the filming locations for Caspian while in Slovenia last summer...http://www.ukom.gov.si/eng/slovenia/publications/slovenia-news/5042/5083/

Mirranda said...

All look good - but I can't wait for Prince Caspian!

David Knepprath said...

Ha! Awesome...and you have the official government article to prove it!