Ron Paul Revolutionaries have come up with yet another creative advertising method: Tucker on Ron Paul Blimp (MSNBC)
A great segment on Ron Paul Revolutionaries with a hilarious remark from Rudy G... "The Ron Paul people are all over the country...": Ron Paul Supporters Outside Rudy Fundraiser (ABC)
No matter what your viewpoint is on the war you should read over Ron Paul's "Questions That Won't Be Asked About Iraq". The truly amazing part about this list of 35 short questions; they were written September 10th 2002. To me this is such a demonstration of foresight and clarity of mind in the midst of a pretty chaotic time. If I had read these questions 5 years ago, it would have rocked my world and really challenged me to look at things differently.
- 3. Is it not true that those who argue that even with inspections we cannot be sure that Hussein might be hiding weapons, at the same time imply that we can be more sure that weapons exist in the absence of inspections?
- 5. Is it not true that the intelligence community has been unable to develop a case tying Iraq to global terrorism at all, much less the attacks on the United States last year? Does anyone remember that 15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia and that none came from Iraq?
- 15. Are you aware of a Pentagon report studying charges that thousands of Kurds in one village were gassed by the Iraqis, which found no conclusive evidence that Iraq was responsible, that Iran occupied the very city involved, and that evidence indicated the type of gas used was more likely controlled by Iran not Iraq?
- 18. Are we willing to bear the economic burden of a 100 billion dollar war against Iraq, with oil prices expected to skyrocket and further rattle an already shaky American economy? How about an estimated 30 years occupation of Iraq that some have deemed necessary to "build democracy" there?
- 22. If we claim membership in the international community and conform to its rules only when it pleases us, does this not serve to undermine our position, directing animosity toward us by both friend and foe?
- 23. How can our declared goal of bringing democracy to Iraq be believable when we prop up dictators throughout the Middle East and support military tyrants like Musharaf in Pakistan, who overthrew a democratically-elected president?
- 24. Are you familiar with the 1994 Senate Hearings that revealed the U.S. knowingly supplied chemical and biological materials to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war and as late as 1992- including after the alleged Iraqi gas attack on a Kurdish village?
- 25. Did we not assist Saddam Hussein’s rise to power by supporting and encouraging his invasion of Iran? Is it honest to criticize Saddam now for his invasion of Iran, which at the time we actively supported?
- 26. Is it not true that preventive war is synonymous with an act of aggression, and has never been considered a moral or legitimate US policy?
- 30. Where does the Constitution grant us permission to wage war for any reason other than self-defense?