Sunday, December 23, 2007

Leopard on My MacBook!

I have been anticipating this day for quite some time now. Leopard has finally graced my MacBook with it's presence.

Initial Impressions:
  • Load times are noticeably faster! Especially Safari!
  • iCal received a really thorough overhaul. I really appreciate this because I cannot live without it these days (I am a list freak).
  • The new iTunes-esque Finder is a welcome upgrade! I know this one will prove to be extremely useful in the long run.
  • Spaces, nifty, but I am still figuring out how to use it productively.
  • A built English grammar checker (necessity for me)!
  • Stacks to finally clean up my desktop!
  • Even cleaner user interface (who knew that was possible?)
  • Mail 3.0 is stinking awesome because it integrates with iCal, Notes, Safari, and RSS feeds. Combined with the fact that Gmail just upgraded to IMAP! Only one downside. Nearly 3 years of archived emails is no snap to download. Note the following screen shot from Mail...

No comments: