Sunday, January 13, 2008

More Hobbit Details

Little information has leaked since we first heard The Hobbit had been given the green light. Elijah Woods was able to pull some tidbits out of Peter Jackson after exchanging some emails.
"I haven't spoken to [Peter Jackson] directly about it [but] I've e-mailed him, and as far as I know the two films that they're doing, one will be 'The Hobbit' and another will take place between the 60 years that happened between 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings,'" the once and future Frodo enthused to MTV News, possibly confirming rumors that the second planned film would not be a Part II, but instead a narrative bridge." (FirstShowing.net)
In other news, I just ran into someone at Cafe D reading The Shack. I am so excited this book is getting around. A woman whom I barely know ran into me at church last night and said "I heard you have been promoting The Shack! I am reading that book right now and absolutely love it!" Not that it is a bad thing, but I'm really curious, and slightly amused by, how this word is getting around that I am promoting a book.

I finally got my hands on Consuming Jesus and The Divine Embrace, both of which I have been greatly anticipating. Unfortunately, I will have to put them on hold until I finish The Idiot, The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World, and get on top of some reading for my Social Change class (I'm really excited about this class by the way! It will probably be the topic of many posts in the near future).

Back to Spanish homework...

No comments: