Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ambigram

I got a classic movie for Christmas:























I was pretty excited for the movie in and of itself, and then my mom blew my mind by flipping the case over. 























My mom claims to have bought the movie solely because of the packaging design. 

Then I stumbled across this online:




















Which naturally got me interested in this graphical oddity.

Of course, wikipedia has an entry with all the details, history, trivia, and references to fill your hearts desire.

2 comments:

ET said...

Trippy!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'll bet that's not unusual. I bought this same Princess Bride edition just because of the case, too! I thought it was awesome.

There is also a site where you can create your own ambigram, if you want to try your hand at it.