Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Most Popular Blog Posts of the Decade

 To be fair, I've only been blogging since 2006 and only have traffic data since 2007.
  1. The Church is a Whore, But She's My Mother - This is a spicy yet ever relevant quote by Tony Campolo (quoting St. Augustine) about his view of The Church. It's worth a peak if you haven't heard it before. While this post is 3 years old, traffic has nearly doubled in 2010. Also, it should be said this post has as many views as the next 3 closest posts combined. 
  2. Movies From Sociology Class - This is one of my random posts that somehow found a much wider audience then I ever imagined. It's not one of my prouder moments as a writer, but demonstrates the value of the blog as an aggregator of information. Which leads to #3...
  3. Multiple Word Search Engine - I found this tool when a friend was looking for an easy way to study vocab definitions for class. Over the course of a few days I scoured the internet until I found exactly what I was looking for. As it turns out, a lot of people are looking for the same thing.
  4. Lord Save Us From Your Followers - Through my 3 years of involvedment with Nightstrike (see #9), which is featured in the documentary, I got my hands on an early release. In retrospect this was probably one of the first reviews online. A few months later I posted the release date of the film, which also made it in the top 20.
  5. Lacho Calad Drego Morn - Somehow I managed to interpret this quote from Children of Hurin. Turns out a lot of people were also curious about the meaning of this quote. I'm ashamed that I didn't state my sources. My methods are unknown, even to me now.
  6. Theological Response to the Shack - I felt like this response was fair and balanced in contrast to many of the scathing attacks that were floating around at the time. My own review of The Shack was also in the top 20.
  7. Future of Saab - For much of 2010 Saabs feature was bleak. It appeared Koenigsegg was going to take the helm. It's ironic this post has recieve so much traffic, because this was not the end of the story. Saab would face death and salvation a couple more times before finally being saved by Spyker.
  8. Christs Body in the Tomb - I really enjoyed writing this analysis of a painting by Hans Holbein the Younger mentioned in Fyodor Dostoevsky's The Idiot. I'd like to think of this as one of my more academic contributions to the internet.
  9. Bridgetown Ministries: Nightstrike - These were my initial reflections from 2006 about Nighstrike (making it the oldest post in my top 10), which I would go on to serve at for the next 3 years. God would use this time to transform and define my life in ways I never could have imagined. Will always treasure my years serving there.
  10. Google Reader - I am a staunch supporter of Google Reader. It's a magnificent way to stay in touch and up to date with this fast paced world

Tomorrow I'll post some interesting results specifically from 2010.

No comments: