Tuesday, January 29, 2013

JavaScript: The Beginning

In my missions statement on Why I'm Learning to Code I stated that early on in my journey I began dabbling in JavaScript.

To be more specific, it all began through the insanely approachable and free interactive JavaScript lessons at Codecadamy. Codecademy was still a fresh start-up, posting new JavaScript courses every week. It was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time.


But I quickly got hungry for something meatier. I found the remarkably enjoyable Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming before finally cracking into the textbook JavaScript: The Definitive Guide.

By then I was enrolling part time as a Post-Bac for Computer Science courses at PSU. Thanks to Codecademy I was able to skip a couple introductory classes, saving half a year and a handful of cash.

Now, a year later, Codecademy has a full array of courses across various technologies. Between terms, I still log in for a crash course in a new skill.

No comments: